b) Type, purpose and operation of the Cookies
c) How to disable cookies in the main browsers
d) What happens if the Cookies are disabled
EUSKALAMIGA uses "Cookies" and other similar mechanisms (hereinafter, Cookies). Cookies are files sent to a browser by means of a web server to record the activities of the User on the EUSKALAMIGA website (hereinafter, the Services). The main purpose of the Cookies is to ensure quicker access to the selected Services. The Cookies also personalise EUSKALAMIGA's Services by facilitating and offering each User information that they will or may find of interest, given their use of the Services.
b) Type, purpose and operation of the Cookies:
Depending on their permanence, cookies may be divided into session or persistent cookies. The former expire when the User closes the browser. The latter expire when their purpose has been fulfilled or when manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies may be classified as follows:
* PERSONALIZATION COOKIES:These Cookies are used to store user preferences, such as the language selected when browsing the Service or other options.These Cookies are totally anonymous and are only used to keep those preferences constant when using the Services and subsequently.
* LOG COOKIES:Log cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently starts a session.They are used to identify the user in the Services for the following purpose:To keep the User identified so that if a Service, browser or computer shuts down and the user later returns to that Service, they will continue to be identified, thus avoiding the need to login again.This feature can be turned off if the User clicks "Close Session", which will disable this Cookie and the next time the User enters the Service, they will have to login again to be identified.
* ANALYTICAL COOKIES: An analytical cookie is generated in the User's computer each time they visit a Service. This Cookie is only generate during the visit and will be used in following visits to the EUSKALAMIGA services to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives are to:
- Allow the anonymous identification of the website users by means of the Cookie (it identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore an estimate of the number of visitors and their trend in time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited contents and therefore those the Visitors find most appealing.
- Establish whether the User is a new visitor or has returned to the site.
N.B.:Unless the User decides to register with a EUSKALAMIGA Service; the Cookie will never been associated to any personal details that may identify the user.Those Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimise the User experience on the site.
c) How to disable cookies in the main browsers:
It is usually possible to stop accepting browser cookies or stop accepting cookies from a particular service.All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings.These settings are usually found under "Options" or "Preferences" on your browser menu.
EUSKALAMIGA has set out below help with the steps you need to carry out to access the cookies settings menus and, as applicable, on the private browsing of each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer:Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings.Further information is available from Microsoft support or the browser Help.
- Firefox:Tools > Options > Privacy > Browsing History > Site Preferences.Further information is available from Mozilla support or the browser Help.
- Chrome:Settings > Show Advanced Options > Privacy > Content Settings.Further information is available from Google support or the browser Help.
- Safari:Preferences > Security.Further information is available from Apple support or the browser Help.
d) What happens when you disable cookies:
Some features and services may be disable, such as, remaining identified, keeping purchases in the "shopping cart" on an e-commerce service, receiving information targeted to the user location and seeing some videos.
EUSKALAMIGA may amend this Cookies Policy depending on the requirements of legislation and regulations, or in order to adapt this policy to instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency. Users are therefore recommended to view this policy on a regular basis.
Users will be notified either via the website or by email to registered users when significant changes occur to this Cookies Policy.